Friday, January 24, 2014

You + Me = Love

This was a simple enough project.  I started with this little number that I purchased for $1 at a local thrift mall.

Nothing against cats but this kind of screamed different vision.  So I spray painted in white from Valspar.  For each of the smaller areas I cut out two silhouettes holding heart shaped balloons (one girl and one boy) in black.  Both were purchased from the Silhouette online store.  I cut out extra balloons using Silhouettes double sided adhesive and covered each balloon in glitter.  Then took a piece of bakers twine and used it for the string of the balloon. 
I would have loved to have created a faux carved saying for the center but that was not going to happen.  I chose a simple love equation to make my statement.  I have to say I think it turned out pretty cute.
Til Next Time
~Mia

Partying over at:
Sew Can Do
Skip To My Lou
Someday Crafts
Clean & Scentsible
Be Different Act Normal


0 comments:

Post a Comment