Saturday, January 11, 2014

Love such a silly little game....

Okay maybe not in real life but tic tac toe is a fun silly little game.  Stepping away from traditional Valentine colors I made a fun little Tic Tac Toe board and game pieces.
I started off with a piece of scrap wood I had laying about.  I seems to have lots of those as well as paint sticks.  Lucky for me this piece was 4.5 x 4.5.  I also had an open bag of 5/8 candle cups to use as feet for my board.
I painted the board with a mixture o  Pond & Blue Sky (both from Martha Stewart) and painted my "feet" in Wedding Cake.  I trimmed out the board with some bling trim bought in the $1 bin at Michaels.  Covered with a 4x4 square of chevron paper then topped it with a tic tac toe board out of silver vinyl.  I glued the "feet" on with craft goop.
Using my Silhouette I cut out twelve circles to fit inside twelve white bottle caps I purchased at Hobby Lobby.  I glued in my paper circles and topped them off with 6 x's and 6 o's I had cut out of the silver vinyl as well.   Topped off the entire inside of the bottle cap with a clear dimensional epoxy sticker.
The end result being a sweet little table top game.  I am thinking I might make or try to find a small muslin bag to keep the game pieces in.

Til Next Time
~Mia




0 comments:

Post a Comment