Monday, April 14, 2014

Personalized Easter Buckets

  Our little George's attend a Moms Morning Out group once a week at a local Baptist Church.  It is a wonderful program and I am sad that a. our oldest will be too old for it next year and b.  we are moving so it will not even be an option for us.  However, if you live in the local Ft Knox area and have kids between 2-5 Northside Baptist Church has a wonderful Moms Morning Out program and Fall registration is just around the corner.

  With that being said, MMO is having a egg hunt for the kids this coming week and I needed to find buckets for my little people.   I wanted to find something I could put a personal spin on without spending a lot of money for something that may only get used once. After looking for nearly two weeks I finally found some buckets at Wal Mart.


   I could not beat $.97!  My first inclination was to paint on decorated eggs after putting my little George's names on in white vinyl.  That did not turn out so hot.
                                                                                                                                  

  Since paint was not working I knew I was going to have to resort to vinyl (nothing against vinyl I just like the feeling of actually making a project that painting gives me)  Unfortunately, colored vinyl is not something I keep on hand.  As luck would have it though a fellow crafty Army wife had just gotten in a huge selection of $1 sheets from  CraftVinyl, and was kind enough to give me 3 4x4 squares in different colors for my eggs.


  I used design #39700 from the Silhouette Online Store for my cut outs.  I cut out the base in the different colors and then the decorative portion in white vinyl and laid it over my eggs.  



  I did not make the eggs the same color and pattern for both buckets but I do not think the boys will mind too much.  Thank you for stopping by.

Til Next Time
~Mia

Partying over at:
Craft O Maniac ~ Sunday Soiree
C.R.A.F.T. ~ Monday Funday
Pieces by Polly ~ Weekly Block Party
Skip To My Lou ~ Made by you Monday
My Craftily Ever After ~ Awesome Things Tuesday
Funky Polkadot Giraffe ~ Too Cute Tuesday







0 comments:

Post a Comment